Thursday, July 11, 2013

Waiting for Train to Slovackia

I'm nearing the halfway point in this great adventure as we board our our train to Bratislava, Slovakia.  Technically, I'm returning to Slovakia. If you recall, I crossed the boarder from Poland to Slovakia while hiking the Carpathian Mountains. 

There are many ways to travel. Some people travel for business; others for pleasure. Just halfway through my journey, I've already covered five countries. 

I've traveled twice as a Fulbright scholar and once as a Toyota International Teacher.  Each of these programs were specifically for research and curriculum development and we tended to stay in one place for longer periods. This provided more of an opportunity to immerse myself into a new community. 

This year as well as last years adventure with Global Explorations for Educators (GEEO) has been as much about the trek as the destinations.  Both ways of travel are fun, educational and inspiring. 

Some of you may have already had the opportunity to do some traveling. Others will travel to other places as you pursue you education.  We are all proud to be from Oak Cliff and I am always glad to get home but, I think my travels make me appreciate home that much more. 

I still have another two and a half weeks in this great adventure and I'm eager to find what waits for me  in my further journeys from Budapest to Istanbul. For now I think I'll take a short nap as I sway with the train and listen to the clicking of the tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment